Tuesday, April 21, 2009

L.A. Eats

Recently I went to Los Angeles and i didn't really see that much of it I was there for work. I was however able to find some good places to eat. The only places I found were between the the convention center and my hotel. I wanted to go eat sushi and some fine dining. but once I was done for the day I was SO tired. Going out wasn't going to happen. One night I was so tied I had a sandwich form the hotel bar. it was not not good ( to say the least), but it was all the energy I could muster. Now with that out of the way I did find some good food out there.


first place that I found was Pizza next door we just got some pizza by the slice but it was the best pizza ever. I got the Meat Deluxe - Pepperoni, Sausage, Canadian Ham, & Bacon... BACON! It was great, not just bacon bits but a whole strip of bacon. Toppings aside, the sauce as fresh and not too sweet and a real tomato taste.

It was hard to get away form the convention so I decided to get snacks for the next day. I found Famima it is a Japanese style convince store. Having every thing for soda to sushi, some of the best things are Spicy Char Siew Pork Steamy Bun, spam roll, salmon onigiri and drinks like Bubble up and Ramune.

After look for a good breakfast place I found The Pantry Cafe It has been in L.A. seance 1924 and is a cultural monument. The food it reasonably priced, I spent twice as much for the same breakfast down the street the morning before I found The pantry. I sat at the small counter, and had the Bacon and eggs, french toast and hash browns. The food, service and fell of the place was good and real. The eggs came on a plate with 6 pieces of bacon on top which was great. the ham stake ( which the guy next to me had) was huge and came the same way, on top of the eggs. the french toast was on a plate of its own and there was a separate plate for the hash browns as well.

so if your in down town L.A. there are some good places to eat and not expensive.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Bacon!

Rachel said...

What about John Holly, or the Black Pearl, or ... the other places we've eaten!