Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bones

Well 2010 starts off with a bang. Bones is a little place off of 7th and Grant that will surprise you. I wasn't sure what to expect when we walked in. I knew it was noodles and got one of the best new restraints of 2009 in 5280. we sat down and looked over the menu, started with cocktails. I got the Green Tea Press and my wife got the Suntory Manhattan. Both were very good, not to strong and mixed well.

Next we Picked some streamed suckling pig seam buns to start. there was more surprises when they came out. I was expecting just some regular seam buns like you would get at dim sum. But it was much better, the sweet bread was folded in 1/2 and pulled pork surved with a hoisin sauce.

Then we got our noodles. I had ordered the Udon ( Slow Cooked Pork Shoulder from Salmon Creek Farms, 
Poached Egg ) and Rachel Ordered the Ramen ( Poached Lobster, Edamame, Miso Lobster Broth). The Udon; I was Surprised again with the richness of the broth and the touch of ginger but not over powering. The noodle its self was the best I have had out side of japan. They are pillowy and so good, the only thing that's bad is they cut the noodles.

The Ramen comes in this broth that is just golden and rich. It his buttery are full of lobster flavor. I never thought that I lobster stock could be so thick and hardy. The noodles for that were thick unlike most other ramen I have had.

Rachel and I traded after tasting what the other had ordered. both were very good I was so happy with both. To finish we had the Peanutbutter and and chocolate ovaltine soft serve ice cream, that's made in house. it was rich and not grainy like most soft serve can be.

I highly recommend going every thing was very good.

No comments: