Monday, June 14, 2010

Cafe Brulin

Well Cafe Brulin is in the same building as my shop. So i have eaten there and will eat there a lot. First off it has been there for along time. Over 10 years so it is not a new eatery, but it is great. They serve German food there. As far as I know the food is fairly authentic. But having not been to Germany I don't know for sure.

I mostly eat there for lunch because it seams like the best deal but it really is just the timing. Tuesday-Friday 11am-4pm (they are closed on Mondays) most of the time I get the Kohlrouladen. a meat stuffed cabbage roll topped with our special brown gravy. or the Wiener Schnitzel a breaded veal cutlet topped with fried onions served with lemon. Now that comes with 2 sides even tho I get different stuff. I always get the spatzle, It is so great light and pillowy. The other sides are red cabbage, sauerkraut, vegetable of the day, hot german potato salad, german fried potatoes. the hot potato salad is just roasted potatos with bacon (awesome!)

I love Cafe Brulin and i would eat there at least once a week if I could!

No comments: